Monday 23 March 2015

joining in with 'searching for Roy G Biv' ..... yellow

I always really enjoy looking at both Jennifer's and Julie's blogs when then post on their 'colours', and always drool over Fiona's and Lisa's as well.  For some reason I haven't taken part and I think it is because when it comes to all those colours I feel I just don't have them about me in the studio or home - earth coloured girl that I am.  HOWEVER, looking back through my photos I see that I have a huge number of photos with all colours of the rainbow, so here I am now, ready to take part in this venture. Actually I do think I posted once before and it coincidentally was a 'yellow' day and I sent in the photo of my yellow scary cat biscuit tin.  Here are my photographs this time and a much wider collection of all shades of yellow ... mostly soft landscape yellows.


all this gorgeous soft yellow in the foreground of a distant 'Uluru'

shadows on the wall in the Mexican area of San Diego

again yellow light and reflections - i think I enjoy the photographic qualities of aged and yellowed grasses more so that when they are lush and green

this lovely Lalique light of mine is white, though when the candle inside is lit - ah, warm, soft yellow

more glorious landscape yellows en route to Arkaroola

morning light turning tree trunks yellow

I love this warm yellow light filtering down through Richard Serra's sculpture 'the Matter of Time' in Bilbao's Guggenheim

and the yellow of this sandstone wall in the Mona Gallery, Hobart

the softest and most barely yellow image - light really covers everything with that warm yellow

I wonder if this sculpture started as white and has mellowed yellow - like parchment


even the rocks leach out yellow minerals

and look what the setting sun does to the walls of the grand canyon before they change even more deeply

a very deep yellow in Bryce Canyon - quite different from the rock in shadow

and our trees love their yellow

I had to put this one in as I am just back from the South Island of New Zealand and we managed to see these yellow eyed young penguins hiding in the bushes, presumably waiting for mum to come home

very yellow lichen on a rock at Moeraki

and again, the sunlight turning the beach yellow - though this image would do for gold or silver too

one of the boulders emerging from the rock platform at Shag Point

and some very yellow and necklace like seaweed

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I think I will enjoy taking part in this colour search.

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan- Wow! I'm overwhelmed by this rich variety of yellows! Beautiful textures to add to the color selections. Thanks for joining in this time and hope that you'll continue!--Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie ..... this will be fun, and I have every intention of continuing not that I realise I have a whole arsenal of colour upon which to draw in the photography of recent travels. Love that you and Jennifer have continued with this project.

      Delete
  3. What a rich variety of the loveliest natural shades of yellow! Your photos of the Richard Serra sculpture, the mineral streaked rocks & the deep gold of Bryce Canyon especially stand out for me, but together they all create a gorgeous flow of warmth. I just love your take on "yellow," Susan...so happy you decided to play along too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis fun to play along and search for all those different yellows Lisa. Your post inspired me to have a go ..... thanks x

      Delete
  4. More amazing photos, I obviously need to go on holiday soon, Bryce Canyon wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. You would love Bryce Canyon. Steve and I went wandering far and wide, down into the depts, off the beaten track and onto the horse tracks which meant we felt as if we were alone in the Canyon. Quite beautiful.

      Delete
  5. I like these mellow yellows - don't they add another dimension to yellow, they feel warm and nurturing. A lovely wander through your yellows - maybe you'll be back for green?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmmm I love these mellow yellows too - absolutely warm and nurturing. You will see me back at green ...... and how many varieties of green are there. That should be a fabulous posting from everyone.

      Delete
  6. a lovely walk through these photos this morning, thank you. you would love the yellows of late winter in the north country, i'm guessing, thoroughly bleached but for a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certain I would Velma. I have been thoroughly enjoying all your photographs through the winter and the current melt ..... so jealous not to have all those visions of snow outside, and yet I am probably thankful that I don't have to wander out and about in it.

      Delete
  7. Wow! almost gobsmacked in the golden glow of your photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALMOST gobsmacked ....... I will have to try harder to make that jaw drop with green!! Just kidding. Thank you for that lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow I missed this visual feast last month - so many things to savour. Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon bring back wonderful memories for me of our visit there last year - SO MANY yellows there were! And the gentle photo of Uluru prompts a longing to visit ... perhaps next year?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments - thank you!